Emergency First Response Course
Emergency First Response Primary Care (CPR) and AED aims to teach participants how to respond to life-threatening emergencies. The course focuses on primary care through a combination of easy to follow knowledge development sessions and practical skill’s development. This method helps to make sure participants have the confidence in their ability to provide care when emergency situations arise. The various sessions and skills are all delivered using a combination of DVD / Video shown on a large screen and both verbal and practical demonstrations given by the Instructor.
Primary Care (CPR) skills taught in this course:
- Scene Assessment
- Barrier Use
- Primary Assessment
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Serious Bleeding Management
- Shock Management
- Spinal Injury Management
- Conscious and Unconscious Choking Management
- Automated External Defibrillator (AED) Use
This is valid for 3 years* and is a Minimum Standard of Deployment requirement for coaches in Wiltshire. We advise you to check whether our course is accepted by your NGB.
* This qualification is valid for 3 years, but it is recommended that you complete a refresher after 2 years. Please check with your NGB whether they require you to take the refresher.
This workshop involves moderate physical activity, including kneeling on the floor, bending and administering CPR. Participants must be able to complete these practical elements in order to pass the course.