Wiltshire and Swindon Young Officials Academy
The County Young Officials Academy aims to provide an opportunity for 15 Young People Aged 16 – 19 to gain greater insight into the requirements of being an ‘Outstanding’ Official in a Sport of their choice. The Academy aims to be the pinnacle of opportunity for Young Officials within the County. In addition to a number of compulsory sessions, there will be a personalised ‘mentoring’ system allowing the Young People to learn from established officials in Wiltshire Clubs.
Throughout the program Students will be under way to achieve the Minimum Standards for Deployment for coaches in Wiltshire, but will also attend sessions delivered by lead practitioners in their field of sport.
Outcome for Young Person
- Theory workshop – Philosophy
- Theory workshop – Honesty and Integrity
- Observation and analysis
- Listen and learn from elite officials
- Personalised Mentoring – Attached to an official mentor from within Wiltshire
- Wiltshire Young Officials Academy polo shirt
- Students will also be supported to identify appropriate Level 1 / 2 Officiating Qualifications
Terms and Conditions
- Young Person needs to be 16 – 19
- Application form and letter must be submitted by Wednesday 7th January 2015
- Young Official must attend both compulsory modules
- Monday 19th January 1800-2030 Induction + theory workshop
- Monday 26th January 1800-2030 theory workshop
- Both sessions will take place at Stanley Park, Chippenham, SN15 3RR
- Officiate on a regular basis.
- To keep a log book of all hours completed and get signed by the official mentor
You need to complete the application form and complete a letter of application and email both to Mr S Widger firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday 7th January 2015. All applicants will be informed on Monday 12th January whether they have been successful.