The programme emphasises linking theory to practice and provides many opportunities for students to apply their skills in real world contexts. Through work in the local sports community you will develop your employability and gain skills in a range of coaching and development disciplines.
THROUGH THIS PROGRAMME YOU WILL:
• Develop the skills to deliver high-class coaching and development programmes
• Work with adults and young people while building your understanding of the influence of sport within the community
• Develop your technical, as well as practical, understanding of sports coaching and development
• Build upon scientific and sociological principles
• Benefit from our close links to professional sports organisations
We have close links with local sports clubs and partnerships, providing you with excellent opportunities to gain hands-on, industry experience. Supported by staff you’ll develop a strong evidence-based approach to coaching.
STUDY AND ASSESSMENT:
This is a 2 year course (full-time). Your course will be assessed by written, oral and practical tasks designed to develop the broad range of knowledge and skills underpinning sports coaching and development practice.
On graduation from this programme, you will be well placed to pursue a career in community coaching, sport and physical activity development as well as working for a national governing body of sport.
Alternatively you can continue your studies by going on to complete a full Honours Degree such as the BSc (Hons) Sports Development and Coaching or the BSc (Hons) Sports Coaching at the University of Gloucestershire.
Full details and how to apply via - New College Website
*Delivered in partnership with the University of Gloucestershire, subject to validation