The County Young Coaches Academy aims to provide an opportunity for 30 Young People Aged 14 – 18 to gain greater insight into the requirements of being an ‘Outstanding’ Coach in a Sport of their choice.
The Academy aims to be the pinnacle of opportunity for Young Coaches within the County. In addition to a number of compulsory sessions, there will be a personalised ‘mentoring’ system allowing the Young People to learn from established coaches in Wiltshire Clubs.
Throughout the program Students will be underway to achieve the Minimum Standards for Deployment for coaches in Wiltshire, but will also attend sessions delivered by lead practitioners in the world of Sports Coaching and Science.
Terms and Conditions
- Young Person needs to be 14 – 19
- Application form must be submitted by Monday 12th October 2015.
- Young Coach must attend induction day. Venue, date and time to be confirmed on receipt of applications to minimise travel across the county.
- On a weekly basis must volunteer and work with approx. 20 young people.
- To keep a log book of all hours completed and get signed by the coach mentor
If you would like further informaiton please contact Mrs Lisa Adams firstname.lastname@example.org