Job Vacancy: Project Officer for Workforce
We believe everyone in Wiltshire and Swindon should enjoy an active lifestyle through access to the best physical activity and sports opportunities. To achieve this WASP will seek to enable everyone’s access to the best physical activity and sports opportunities. Our voluntary and paid workforce is central to achieving this and WASP has developed a Local Workforce Plan to support our vision.
We are now looking to recruit an experienced and motivated individual to continue to drive the vision for a skilled and diverse workforce in Wiltshire that meets the needs of our community. This role will lead our Local Workforce Plan shaped by Sport England’s respective Workforce Strategies and our local needs and priorities and alignment to our Primary Role.
The Key Areas the Project Officer will lead on are:
- To drive the vision of an inspired, diverse and skilled workforce both to support Sport England’s respective Workforce Strategies nationally, our local needs and priorities and alignment to our Primary Role and other funded programmes.
- To network, engage and collaborate with a range of individuals, organisations and agencies to drive Wiltshire’s Workforce Plan and our Local Workforce Forum
- To lead on the Workforce Innovation project working with national and local partners to achieve its outcomes.
- To ensure workforce support and development is fully reflective of our Workforce Cycle approach and to lead on the continuous improvement of our Learning Academy offer.
- To oversee the effective operation of the Workforce Bursary scheme.
You will need to have:
- An understanding of current Health, Sport & Physical Activity and Educational landscape
- Evidence of successful resource and project management and an understanding of the techniques required.
- The ability to interpret and apply insight and impact measurement to support project delivery and review
- Experience in report and bid writing
- An understanding of sports equity, safeguarding children and adults at risk policies, planning, implementation and evaluation
- Experience in developing working partnerships with other professional organisations and / or the voluntary sector.
- Experience of developing partnerships and demonstrating an understanding of the sports & physical activity sector
- Experience of leading and supporting staff
In addition, we are looking for an individual with:
- Excellent communication, presentation and inter-personal skills with the ability to communicate effectively and develop strong working relationships at all levels
- Evidence of the ability to motivate, enthuse, persuade, negotiate with and influence others
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with people on all levels and from a variety of organisations
- Proven ability to meet objectives on own initiative
- Excellent personal organisation skills
- An ability to organise meetings, conferences and other related activities, playing an active role in their delivery
- A willingness to keep abreast of developments and make a contribution to the planning and implementation of change
Salary: £30,000pa (full time)
Closing Date: 10am, 30 September 2019
Interview Date: Week commencing 14 October 2019
More Information: Steve Boocock (CEO) or Steve Neale (Operations Director), 01225 781500
Job Description: Job Description
Application Form: Application form