WheelPower Get Active Camp for Adults
WheelPower's Get Active events are a great way for adults with a disability to discover sport and physical activity in a safe, welcoming and friendly environment and all activity is adapted to suit your abilities. They are a great way to make new friends, improve your health and have fun!
Who is the Get Active event for?
- Get Active events are open to any adult who has a physical or mild sensory impairment.
- If any of the attendees family or friends want to come along as well to enable them to take part in the activities together then they are more than welcome - just let us know. The activities on offer can cater for disabled and non-disabled people.
- Between 25 and 50 adults are expected to attend the event.
Sports and activities:
- The sports and activities at the event will include traditonal sports such as wheelchair basketball, boccia, bowls, fencing, table games, tennis and zone hockey.
- There will also be exercise classes and different activities such as martial arts, dance, keep-fit and how to use the gym.
- These activities are all about having fun and learning new skills - this may include a small element of competition but this is optional.
- Everyone will be welcomed to take part and the sports and activities will be suitable for you at a level at which you will feel comfortable.
- Each sport will last for approximately 40-minutes but participants can go at their own pace and have rests when needed.
- All of thesports coaches and activity leaders are qualified, have DBS checks and have lots of experience of delivering activity to disabled people.
- All people attending can discuss their needs and support with the Event Manager and sport coaches in a safe and private environment before starting an activity.
Date: Saturday 2 November 2019
Time: Registration is from 9.15am and the event will finish at approximately 4pm
Location: Stoke Mandeville Stadium, Guttmann Road, Stoke Mandeville HP21 9PP
Cost: This event is FREE and lunch will be provided
Deadline: The deadline for registration is Saturday 26 October 2019
More Information: https://www.wheelpower.org.uk/sport-events/get-active-event