Mini-Squash has recently been added to the School Games programme (Years 4 & 5) and is the ideal way to introduce generic movement & racket/ball skills to Key Stage 2 pupils. It is played/taught against lightweight portable rebound walls which can be erected in a few minutes within School halls and playgrounds. Sessions are delivered to classes of up to 30 pupils by a fully qualified Squash coach and all equipment is provided; including rackets, balls and the squash walls. Participating Schools will also be given a Scheme of Work Resource enabling them to continue activities. The 6 week delivery incorporates Inter-School competition and also introduces pupils to their local Junior Club, thereby offering all children a pathway for them to extend their activity following the School sessions. Provision is also made for AG & T pupils by offering Schools bespoke talent programmes.
If you are interested in receiving the programme or would like more information please contact the Squash 4 Schools co-ordinator Dax Mellor t: 07786 025059 e: firstname.lastname@example.org
Wiltshire and Swindon Sport (WASP) aim to promote and support sport and physical activity. We can support your club, school and workplace with a range of services including:
- Sport Funding& Grants support, information and advice
- First Aid training / Safeguarding and Child Protection / Social Media training
- Event Safety Management
- Workplace Health programme –Workplace Challenge
- Support for Sports Coaches –Coach Bursary,Coach Education,RightCoach
- Club Support & Development –Clubmark,Club Matters
- Training / meeting room hire
- Marketing & Communications support and Sponsorship opportunities
- Sport England Projects –School Games,Satellite Clubs,Sportivate.
If you think we can help you please get in touch… Kirsty@wiltssport.org.uk or call 01225 781500.