The new community sports club Laverstock & Ford Lacrosse are delighted to announce that its first club Winter training sessions this Sunday 6th November 1-3pm! These sessions open to total beginners, returners and existing players alike, with junior and senior players of all ages welcome to come along.
The sessions are run by English Lacrosse affiliated coaches. There is no equipment required, but please wear suitable footwear for sessions to take place on grass. 1st Session for new players is free of charge!
The new club is a great piece of partnership working and has been supported to grow and develop by Wiltshire and Swindon Sport (WASP), English Lacrosse and Wiltshire Council and is now a member section of the Sports Club. The club set up gauging interest by delivering taster sessions led by English Lacrosse coaches but it now has 2 qualified volunteer coaches of its own with plans for more players to undertake training to lead and run sessions in the future. Sessions are open to players of all ages and all abilities from total beginners to existing team players.
Sessions start Sunday 6th November
Venue: Laverstock and Ford Sports Club, 23 Church Road, Laverstock, Salisbury SP1 1QX
Time: 1pm to 3pm
Information: Please email Laverstock & Ford Lacrosse Club
Flyer can be downloaded here: Laverstock and Ford Lacrosse Poster.pdf291.76 KB
Wiltshire and Swindon Sport (WASP) aim to promote and support sport and physical activity. We can support your club, school and workplace with a range of services including:
- Sport Funding& Grants support, information and advice
- First Aid training / Safeguarding and Child Protection / Social Media training
- Event Safety Management
- Workplace Health programme –Workplace Challenge
- Support for Sports Coaches –Coach Bursary,Coach Education,RightCoach
- Club Support & Development –Clubmark,Club Matters
- Training / meeting room hire
- Marketing & Communications support and Sponsorship opportunities
- Sport England Projects –School Games,Satellite Clubs,Sportivate.
If you think we can help you please get in touch… Kirsty@wiltssport.org.uk or call 01225 781500.