Archery - Arrows Young Leader Award
The Arrows Young Leader Award prepares young people to become the driving force behind setting up and running their own Arrows Archery club.
The course offers great value and can easily form part of your school's sports leadership programme.
- The course is for 14 - 19 year olds
- It lasts approximately 3.5 hours
- The suggested course size is 1 teacher/coach to 12 leaders
- After the course, young leaders are ready to run Arrows archery clubs for primary school pupils (aged 7 - 11) and volunteer in the School Games.
By the end of the course, young leaders will be able to:
- Understand how to set up and run an Arrows Archery primary school sports club or festival
- Plan and deliver a safe Arrows archery session using the Arrows equipment and resources
- Set out a Rapid Range, explain the safety rules, deliver a fun warm-up, guide archers to shoot, and play games (under the supervision of a teacher)
It's easy to set up a course:
- To get started you first need access to an 'Arrows: Get into Archery' equipment pack. If you do not have access to this, it may be purchased separately at www.archerygb.org/arrows
- Next, you need to find someone to deliver the course. It can be delivered by teachers, coaches or anyone with good 'Arrows Archery' knowledge. Deliverers need to familiarise themselves with the course and follow the suggested guidance. If you don't have a deliverer, please contact us and we will suggest someone (an external deliverer may charge)
- Then simply order the resources using the accompanying 'Resource Order Form' and submit this to Archery GB at least 15 working days before your course is due to start
There is no registration fee for this course. Once you have secured access to an equipment pack, the only costs are the purchasing of the resources and potentially a delivery fee if you are using an external deliverer (fee to be negotiated locally).
- Each leader needs a Learner Guide. These cost just £2.50 each and each one comes with a certificate of attendance
- The course programme can be found in the Tutor Guide, which costs £5.00
Facility requirement: A small hall or outdoor space (weather permitting)
Free online videos accompany the course for deliverers and leaders to utilise.
Go to the 'Primary School Sport Clubs' tab at
Username: sportclub Password: ilovesport!