Applications requesting funding for the following types of work will be considered:
- consultancy on pre-merger issues including feasibility work
- consultation with staff/beneficiaries/members/other stakeholders
- facilitation of discussions with the potential merger partner/s
- governance, planning, financial, legal, HR or communications advice.
This is not an exhaustive list and they will consider any reasonable request for work that helps to make the decision whether or not to merge easier. If successful organisations require external assistance but do not have a particular consultant in mind, they may be able to help identify the most appropriate support.
Applicants to the fund need to be at, or close to, the preliminary stage of discussions with an identified potential merger partner (or partners). The fund is not intended to meet any costs associated with a merger once a firm decision is made to proceed. It is for organisations uncertain about what the decision might involve or those who need reassurance that a proposed merger makes sense.
Esmee Fairburn will assess applications according to three main criteria. Will the potential merger:
- be likely to improve policy and practice more widely or lead to wider benefits for the local, regional or national sector.
- have an impact on the efficiency and effectiveness of merged services, whether that be in increased numbers of beneficiaries, improved methodologies, expanded networks, longer term sustainability or increased quality, and
- have an impact on the wider sector beyond the immediate interests of the two (or more) organisations.
Application Form: Available to download form the website. If you wish to submit an application to the merger fund please register your interest by contacting Jo Rideal (Grants Manager) and letting her know when you are likely to send in your proposal.
Deadline: There is no closing date for the fund, but they are assessing applications as they come in and this means that once all the funds have been allocated new applications will not be considered.
Contact: Esmée Fairbairn Foundation, Kings Place, 90 York Way, London N1 9AG. email: email@example.com W: http://esmeefairbairn.org.uk/what-we-fund/sectors/merger-fund